Thursday, June 22, 2006

On The Ready Line # 1.5

I forgot to mention a few things in my previous post:


1. I hate cashpoints, and idiot hotel staff.

I forgot to get money from the free cashpoint at the Space Centre, so had to use the one in the hotel lobby.
£1.75 the bugger wanted for a withdrawal! And took about 5 minutes to actually process it!
Bit of a cockup there, as I'd managed to get two lads playing Aliens confused. One had offered to let us bunk with him, and when the Marine we ended up sharing with mentioned on the way down that "Bugz" had pulled out, I thought he meant "Pug".
Only after I'd checked in did I get a text from Pug asking if we were still sharing a room with him.
Oops :| Sorry dude!

Next up, the deposits. Turned out Darren had been misinformed as to what needed paying when, so we needed to stup up the entire weekend's funds up front.
Not TOO bad - £24 per night I think it worked out at. Ish.

Fraz ponied up for me, and I sorted him out later on.
It's handy to be able to trade free games and ammo for such things as petrol and hotel rooms ;)


I hadn't registered the fact that the room only had 2 double beds, either... And much as Darren's a big sexy Ben Affleck lookalike, I was still quite pleased that I ended up getting a cot bed sent to the room.
Right next to the aircon - And by christ did we need it!

Tough choice - Noisy aircon or quiet oven?
I woke up around 4am, actually COLD, so turned it off.

Then went back to sleep.
Mmm. Sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home