Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Uuuuuuupdates.

Well, HOPEFULLy the problem with the neighbours is resolved.
Or at least swept under the carpet.

The day after the incident, I saw my neighbour in the lane.
Asked if I could have a word - HE started having a go at ME for having the audacity to ask him to turn down his loud music at close to midnight.

His reasoning was that he can't choose what nghts he has off, and if he wants to have a party, he will.

I explained again that I didn't really care what he did early in the evening, but after about 11 at night, loud music was keeping my kids awake and therefore not really on, if he didn't mind.

A few more rants at me later, he finally seemed to accept that turning his bass down would be a good thing.

Hopefully it's forgotten, and the next time he has a party, he'll have some maturity and keep the music down when it gets late.



That aside, it's been weird of late.
Grandma and Grandad were meant to be going on a cruise with Mum and David.
Sadly, Grandad developed a blood clot in his leg JUST before they were due to fly down to Palma to meet the boat.
So he's currently under observation in the Southern General.
My sister got taken into hospital herself, with a stomach infection. She's OK now, but that was a worry - as SHE'S due to fly out to (eventually)Australia next week.

There has been some good news!

I told my mate Gofur that I couldn't attend his and Gemma's wedding, as I'd already RSVP'd to Marri and Zaz that I'd go to theirs on the same day ( Yestrday. 666 - Geddit? :) )


So Kat and I got to Park Circus just about on time - 15 minutes before the booking.
There was already a crowd outside, so we figured it might be Z&M's lot about to go in ( Don't know any of either family, aside from a mother and a cousin ).

Nuht.

Turned out it was Gofur and Gemma's wedding coming OUT!
The look on Gofe's face when he clocked me - "You made it after all!" Then when I had to shrug apologetically as I headed upstairs - "No man, sorry. I didn't."

Managed to catch them outside after Z&M's ceremony though, so t'was all good.


Marri looked great... Gemma looked great... And Kat looked great.
Verily, t'was a veritable swatch-fest.
I'd only bought undies for one of the three ladies mentioned above, though.

Which was fun - it was ROASTING the other day when I went down to the centre.
no air in the main mall at all.
The bank was as stuffy as ever...
So when I got to La Senza, out of breath, and sweating... "Can I have a bra and some stockings, please?"

I thought security were about to make an appearance!

So after the ceremonies, we headed down to Malmaison for the reception.
Small room, but I know how Zaz and Marri WANTED the wedding to be. It could have been smaller.

Lovely buffet, NO FUCKING CIDER AT THE BAR though.
And overall, incident free.

Zaz's mum was making the odd bitchy comment aimed at Marri, as well as coming out with "At the end of the day, they did things the way THEY wanted."

Which Marri was kinda pissed off about when she heard, as they bloody well did not.
The original intention was for it to be FAR smaller, but certain parties insisted and pressurised and interfered to make it as big as it was.

As I say though, it WAS fun, and I think Z&M were OK with the eventual compromise, knowing that the alternative was all-out war.

Headed back over to their place once we FINALLY got rid of the mother of the groom, and hung out eating chinese.

Met a fluffy cat, a pee-ey cat, and a snake.
Woo.

Came home, found Kat's mum in slightly better humour than we'd left her ( Her nose was out of joint because my sister - Who's leaving for A FEW YEARS soon - had looked after Morgan, and "It's just wrong that she's over there so much... She'll be thinking it's her house".
Aye, baws. She's there once a week. fuck off. )

And there's probably an assload I've missed out, but meh... Kat just gave me carrot cake.

Mm.

Mnfgl, mnchng ck bk ltr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home