Saturday, December 16, 2006

Jeez... Update, willya, Steve?

OK :)

So, since my last update...

I lost my voice.
Completely and utterly, for a few days, then slightly less croaky over the next few.

Unfortunately, Day 2 was Dad's stag night!
So I spent the night in various Shawlands pubs, trying in vain to join in the conversation without having to croak right in the ear of the person I was talking to!
That aside, it was a fun night. It's good to spend time with the old git, since right now he's still unavailable most of the time due to his work commitments.

Plus, he's hilarious when he's tipsy.
Still won't tell me what he does at work, but.

His wedding was two days after that, and it was great - One family member seemed to be put out that it was on a weekday, but even they cheered up after a wee while. The meal afterwards was outstanding - Over at Red Onion, again with some folk I kinda unavoidably see FAR too rarely for my liking.
Good banter, my voice ALMOST back to normal, and Dad deciding ( He SAYS it was an accident ) to spill as many drinks as possible over my uncle Fred.
And the running joke about Pal being assigned to the Weather Shed seemed dead on for the day. Couldn't have asked for better.

Mikki looked great, and it's absolutely fantastic to have her as a permanent member of the family now.

There's no escape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home