Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ever have one of those days?

Well, two days, given that yesterday sucked too...

Today we were due to head down for Kat's ante-natal appointment at Rutherglen Maternity Clinic.
That went OK... Woke up around 9am with Morgan clambering up onto the bed - But the poor wee bugger was so tired she passed out at our feet!
Hauled her up to pillow level, and nodded back off for a bit.

Got up, went down to Rutherglen.

Next, off to Tesco for some new duvets for our new bed. Our new 7' X 6' bed ( that took me and Zaz bloody AGES to get into the room. This fact bears repeating, as I'm well chuffed we managed it. )

Ended up doing a full shop.
Ooh! I just remembered - We have scones and clotted cream, or mayhap a Gooseberry Fool for dessert. Woo.

Then down to my aunt and uncle's opticians.
Sadly, they'd gone on a last-minute ski-ing holiday, and forgot to leave a price for my specs! ( Needless to say, I'm gonna be dropping off some chocolates as a wee thank you for the discount. )
'Mon the Nike Flexxon spectos. WELL comfy, and they look neat.
Getting them next Wednesday, and I've got some new daily contacts to test out.
I only WEAR them when airsofting or dancing, so they should last a while.

Wandered round the Shawlands shops for a bit waiting for Kat and Morgan to come back with KAt's mum... Then off to Homebase.
Snagged some reading lights, and on the way home got a call from Mum.


Seems David had opened Kat's mail again, and found a final demand from O2.
Phoned them once we got home, and found that when Kat called them to see if they'd gotten her "I want to cancel my monthly contract" letter... And told them in the same call that as the phone had been stolen, the point was moot... The ARSEHOLE at the call centre had neglected to tell her that even though she barred the phone as being stolen, unless she specifically told them to cancel her contract, she'd be paying a monthly tarriff.
Logical FUCK ALL!

So, a call to Disconnections is in order tomorrow, I think.

Anyway, I've skipped ahead... I mentioned that I rang O2 once we got home?

Well, THAT was an adventure!


We have nice thick UPVC doors. You know the kind.
They should NOT be able to be locked from the outside if there's a key on the inside.

You can see where this is going.

Turns out they CAN.

Neither of our neighbours that we know had any wire, ir thin enough screwdrivers.
Alan next door DID have a big fuckoff ladder, though.
And I HAD left the bedroom window open to air the room. ( The alarm was on, so worry not. )

Seems that it IS possible to move the handle on those windows from "Lean" mode to "Swing" mode, while the window is in "Lean" mode.

Thank christ!

So, Scapey ascends the ladder, scrapes the crtap outta his arm, legs it downstairs to turn the alarm off, and finally lets Kat and Morgan into the house.

Then Mark came round to help me set up my X-box as a media centre.

Joiner came round to quote us for flooring the loft ( Which, it seems, WON'T be able to be paid for by adding a little bit to the mortgage. I got the impression from Mum that it COULD be covered, since we want to do it PROPERLY. So I gotta raise just under £300 by Saturday. )

I incinerated the spuds, as I was in the loft, and Kat and Mark didn't smell 'em boiling dry.


Then I ate fish, spuds, and sprouts.


And now I'm blogging.

New duvet trials begin soon.
Woo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home