Wednesday, April 20, 2005

EWW! WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY IS THAT?!

So, today I was persuaded to help out Kat's mum by taking the hoover down and cleaning out her car.
Hey, I needed a lift into town...

She needed it cleaned because it's not her car - she gets it because she's disabled ( Arthritis ) and today was the day she gave this one back and got a replacement. Or something like that.

Anyway, ever since I've known her, I've hated getting in that car. It stinks! There's always been a funny pong, sometimes ( Hot days ) strong enough to "gie me the boak", to use the vernacular.
Today I found the cause.
Mould.

I first noticed it growing on the middle seat-belt. Nothing could prepare me for the stench and sight that awaited me when I lifted to hoover under the seat!

I swear, it was one of the most disgusting things I've seen since I almost trod in a rotting sheep carcass at Drymen.

Anyway, I finished that off then went to retrieve the "Big Plastic Bucket" that's in the garage. We need a new laundry basket.

WOOHOO!
I thought it was just duvet covers that were in it.
No! The Biker Scout T-shirt I've been looking for for ages... As well as the Pitch Shifter workshirt, and "69" hockey top I've ALSO been looking for for ages were in there under the duvets!
So I took out the duvet covers, took out the clothes, and binned the duvets themselves.
Bit damp :(

All in all, a pretty good day.
Got the new Adrian Mole book from a charity shop, too... And "Star Trek - The Return". A novel detailing the return of Kirk, and his subsequent recruitment into the Borg / Romulan alliance to become an evil arch enemy of Picard.

Three guesses who wrote it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home