Wednesday, June 29, 2005

So... This is Donington, eh?

Vonnie parked up in the disabled car-park ( She has a badge... Or at least her car does. It was almost empty anyway, so t'was all good. ) and I was shown to our tents.
Dumped my gear, and texted Kat to see where she was. I was looking forward to watching the Mad Capsule Markets with her.
Sadly, t'was not to be. She and Julie decide instead to head on down to the tents for a drink - Must've passed me on the way.
Repeated texts saying "Come on! MSM will be on soon!" had no effect, so I finally actually SAW Kat after the Capsules had finished and I'de been back to the tents again! She'd hooked up with two random folk she and Julie had met and was sitting by a gate drinking beer.

So we wandered round... watched some bands...

I really do think that these things are better approached with something resembling a plan, but I was outvoted.
The only really annoying part of the weekend was when Kat and Julie mentioned that they wanted to get a lip piercing each. Almost everyone present said "No, don't. You're at a festival. Even if the studio is clean, you're in a dusty dirty field for the next two days. And even if you DO clean it properly you've got what amounts to a puncture wound. Camping's tiring as it is... A wound will tire you more. And the tireder you are, the worse it will heal."

They seemed to agree.

So before Anthrax were due to play, we went to watch the BMX bowl.
Sat there for about 10 minutes, before Julie and Kat said that they were off to the toilet.
20 minutes later, they still hadn't reappeared. Semp had to go if he wanted to catch Anthrax.
I waited... and waited.
After another 15 minutes odd, I needed to piss, so I went to the bog - Then headed to meet Semp since there wae every chance that I'd have missed J&K while away.
They were not with Semp.

They finally reappeared some time later, with a "We're sorry!"
It took me a moment to notice the liprings.

I pointed out my displeasure at being left waiting like a fanny while they buggered off - Apparently "It was the only way they could give us the slip".

Yeah, OK. Hilarious.

Anthrax were good, Velvet Revolver were great.
Sabbath were. as always, awesome.
Even if Ozzy does read off an autocue these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home