Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Eeohtee-emmcee.

That was a fun night, it has to be said!

Started off at the End Of The Month Club, with Vonnie, Bob and Dave.
Three bands, punctuated with nonsense. Some of said nonsense was amusing, some of it unutterable shite. The backdrop videos ( Mostly nicked off various websites, but funny nonetheless ) were entertaining.

Of the three bands, the opening act was OK... A bit indieshoegazey, but not bad.

Bozilla ( http://www.bozilla.co.uk )were excellent, and I'll definitely be making an effort to see them again. Great singer, Wolverine-with-an-afro on bass, and Phil-Jupitus-Hypnotised-Into-Thinking-He's-Bill-Bailey on "stuff". Theremin, drum machines, samplers etc.

Schmoof were pretty good, but not as fun as I'd expected. And the fact that McKenzie Crook was CLEARLY playing keyboards for them was somewhat distracting.


Headed on to Rev ( Cheers for the dropoff, Vonnie! ) with Dave... who disappeared when I went to give Muppet the drink he'd sent me to the bar for.
Where'd ya go, dude? You leave early, I assume? Since I never saw you on the bus... ( And I spent about 20 minutes wandering round Qudos looking for ya! )

Rev was alright - About as "Studentey" as I remember it being - Complete with some folk in full on furry suits.
I think one was meant to be Bungle. The other MAY have been meant to be George, but I don't recall George's jugs ever being that large...

Met some forummers - Hello, all! T'was good seeing you.
Cheers for the boogieage - Was much appreciated :)

The bus journey home was a bit disturbing.
Two apparently homeless jakes got on - After much hassle over tickets.
Then a girl a few years younger than me sat opposite me... And after about 10 minutes, the jakes noticed her.
One was actually sitting, leering over my shoulder at her going "Are ye feart, hen? Are ye para? Are ye feart? Are ye feart?"

Fuck's sake... PISS OFF, YOU SCUMBAG!
Luckily for her, she got off just past Semps' bit.

I think the jakes were in for a shock, too. They'd only got on the bus so they'd have somewhere to smoke, drink and eat their jar of mussels. The 66 terminates at EK.
Heh. Stranded in East Kilbride.
Truly, a fate worse than death!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home