Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I'll get to the telly stuff soon, I promise!

For now, a wee update on the weekend.

S'been pretty good.
Hung out a bit with Kat, Semp and Dave - Ended up at the Greenhills for a few on Saturday night, but my head felt like it was going to explode, so I hiked hame.
Annoyingly, while I was outside, my sinuses were OK... As soon as I got back to the flat, it was hell again.
Kat appeared about half one, but she wasn't coming to bed. She had retrieved our bottle of Bailey's for Dave, and was going to Julie's for a few more.
She eventually came home about half six, having ( I found out the next evening ) gone to the shops with Dave around 4:30, fallen over and hurt her knee.
It's all scabby and yellow now :(

Sunday was FireFight.
Glorious weather for the most part - Mid-morning, it went:

sunsunsunsunsunsunsunsunFUCKINGHAILsunsunsunsunsun...

Which was somewhat baffling. But hey, refreshing!

We tried the "Small squad vs lots of others" game again - It's still great :)
I wish I'd put my foot down on this sooner, and just told the "We want even teams all the time, and to hardly ever be sitting out" brigade to STFU.
If you don't wanna sit out for 20 minutes, don't get shot within 59 seconds of the game starting!

Setup was:
1 squad of 6, with one medic ( Iain in this case ) "carrying 3 medkits", attacking the farm against 18 other players who can;t go outwith touching distance of the outer farm walls.
1-life, and you're dead - Unless you get medicced, and that can only be done once.

Iain and I split off from our 6, snuck round the very back of the farm with Dave and his sister in tow.
Not sure where the other two got to... I set off down the trench, and Iain caught up with me about halfway along.
"Can I get by?"
"Can you what? Dude, we're in a trench, and I have a fondness for pie!"

In the end, he did get past - And Orev spent about £12.50 in Thunderflashes trying to get us out.
Good job for us he throws like a girl - Not one of them got into the trench. Woo!

My knee REALLY started to go at one point - Not just giving out, but hurting like hell too.
But it seems not too bad just now.

All in all, a good day.

Kirsty was back too, and ended up with most of the males there hitting on her.
Which was entertaining - hopefully nobody was TOO sleazy...

Gotta go ring Dad now.
My grandfather ( "Pal" )'s not well, and in hospital.
I hope he's alright. :|

More later on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home