Sunday, January 09, 2005

"Choke On Your Selfish Lies!"

So it's been a little while since my last entry - basically because bugger all's been happening.

Today, though, was another FireFight game at Drymen.
Big, wide open, and windier than the fireblasted and empty plains of Mordor before the Black Gate - probably.
BBs were behaving incredibly strangely - I'm susprised nobody hit themselves with the speed the winds were getting to at times. Our old friend "Horizontal rain" put in an appearance too ( Even achieving diagonally UPWARDS travel at times... )
Oh, and Edgecrusher lost half a tooth to Orev's stock gun.
Must've been the tailwinds.


I had a mention-worthy dream last night.
I'd read a news article on John Christopher's Tripods Trilogy being greenlit for a hollywood production yesterday, and clearly my subconscious liked the idea - since as far as I was aware last night, the following occurred:

I was sitting in my living room ( On the 8th floor ) with a few friends and neighbours. A news report on the TV mentioned that we'd been invaded by Tripods. Just as it comes on, a blinding light shines through the window... and I dive behind the sofa so as not to be seen.
Didn't work - As the big metal tentacle grabbed me and tried to yank me outside.

Somehow, I managed to snap the tentacle - and everyone dived down a rubbish chute that was where the TV is in my bedroom.
I was about to follow, when the door was kicked in by a "shock trooper" of sorts - Kinda like the "Masters" from the original books / TV show, but smaller and more violent.

I beat it to death with the tentacle, then tried to get down the chute.
My shoulders were too broad.

Then I woke up, and was frozen for about 5 minutes til the adrenaline wore off.

Scary as HELL... But fun once it had worn off.




Finally for this evening, a little bit of vitriol.

A certain huge Glasgow nightclub that royally screwed me over ( As opposed to a certain small Glasgow nightclub that royally screwed me over ) ... Lied to me, and in effect stole a few hundred quid from me by withholding a night's takings ( Their excuse being that I DARED to mention over the PA that I was moving MY NIGHT to another venue effective the next week ) as well as refusing to put on any decent drinks promos, never having enough pint glasses to sell enough cheap cider and black when they DID drop the price, and various other acts of incompetence or deception... has decided to open another rock night.

Guess what?
The drinks promos that I was denied are there in spades ( All drinks are £1.30. I was told that even matching the Catty's £1.50, or whatever it was, was impossible. )
The sponsorship deal is in place - Something I was told could only be arranged if the club was ALREADY busy ( or "Busier", since to my mind, 100 - 300 people's not BAD for a Wednesday night niche-market club. )

Meh. It seems like it's the same manager, so I fully expect the club to be given the right royal fuckover if it doesn't do astoundingly well.
Given the breaks it's been given, and the fact that Muppet's DJing, it'll probably do not too badly.

500+ though?
We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home