Thursday, January 20, 2005

"The Force is strong with this one. And he's numbered, limited edition!"

First up, I'm doing the "Shuffle your entire MP3 collection, and post what plays" thing just now. So the random song names popping up here are part of that.

[ Prodigy - Trigger ].

Now what have I been up to for the past few days?
I'll stick some headings down now, so I don't forget the main bits here as I type.
Yes, I'm that tired :)

Edinburgh.
Airsoft.
Lord Of The Rings.

OK, those are my virtual bits of string tied neatly round my fingers. Not TOO tight, or ill cut odf ciorclkuil;ation and be unjabnlke to typope...


Edinburgh:
My mate Shug mentioned on MSN the other day that [ The Doug Anthony All-Stars - Joan Of Arc ] he's a bit of a Star Wars fan. Then, as we were chatting, I mentioned that I had to sort out some Airsoft shit over Edinburgh way.
He offered to give me a run over, and an idea sprung into my mind. Because there was a little bit of OTHER business needing taken care of in that very same city.
I'd arranged a trade of some of my surplus sstuff with a guy I know from another forum for some of HIS surplus stuff.
Now, if you think that I'M a Star Wars geek, you honestly ain't seen NOTHIN'.

I have a fairly sizable collection of 3 3/4" scale ships, 12" scale figured, and am beginning to acquire some 1:1 scale helmets and props. ( It was some 12" scale figures, and a few rare numbered-limited-edition-porcelain-statues that I was getting from him on this occasion. )
I didn't tell Shug anything about the guy. Not even why we were going. All he knew was "I need to pick up some stuff." ( We actually planned to go and have a look round Corstorphine nuclear bunker, of "I did a training weekend there with the SAS" fame... But we got so unbelievably lost that EK > Edinburgh and back with half an hour stopover too 6 hours! So the bunker went out the window. )

So what did Shug see there? In the paral^H^H^H^H^H living room?

From memory:
Official and unofficial ( read "Slightly more accurate" ) replicas of every lightsaber in every movie, and some concept models / comic models.
Ditto Blasters.
The odd Thermal Detonator and Jedi remote... Droid callers, Jawa Ion blasters, Force Axes, Gaffi Sticks, T [Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl ( Tales Of A Librarian Version ) ]
ahem.
The Emperor's Cane And Cloak Clasp
2 Battle Of Yavin medals
A few X-Wing pilot helmets
6 or 7 different alien masks
Biker Scout helmet
Boba Fett helmet ( Fibreglass... I WANT THIS! )
Unofficial and "From the original moulds" stormtrooper helmets
"From The Original Mould" TIE helmet
Various other helmets and bits of gear...

Life-size mannequins of:
Darth Vader
Han Solo
Princes Leia
Stormtrooper ( Wearable armour )
R2-D2
Yoda


And more other little trinkets and models than you can shake an evil-looking twisted black cane such as that used by Emperor Palpatine at.
That's just the shit he's FINISHED!
Loads more W.I.P.

Here's some of the stuff I got, and Shug with some of Marcus' collection:
http://www.alternativenation.net/gallery/files/2/4/8/4bustslight.jpg
http://www.alternativenation.net/gallery/files/2/4/8/shugsaber.jpg


More Star Wars later on...

I better backdate this post, actually, so folk don't drown in text. And so if my PC goes mammaries-ascendant I'll not be shouting and swearing TOO much...
Don't worry, I'll collate the tunes into one post when I'm done :)

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Wow ! That's some collection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home