Friday, July 22, 2005

DERKA DERKA! Scapey's TV-shoot diary... Pt.3

And now it's time for the Killing House.

We moved downstairs at this point, and set up a larger room with various bits of cover, and a couple of "camera hides"... Jury-rigged desks with a hole cut in them so the camera crew can film without being seen ( Or shot ).
In the middle of the room was a desk and 2 chairs, and there was a sofa at the end. A filing cabinet and some Coke machines finished it off.

Orev and myself were told that we'd be sitting in the room, "Guarding our hostage", when a pair of celebs would come in for a rescue mission.

Now, we did this a few times and I can't remember who was in which team when.
I know that Nigel Benn was one of the hostages - I think he was first. Celeb #3 - Jason from Big Brother - was one of the rescue team and we were told "Give them a good 3 or 4 seconds before reacting.

Again - That would have been OK had they NOT been in the room before the thundie even hit the floor!
I still maintain that we DID give them an adequate amount of time before reacting. I guess we'll see.
Orev got a bit carried away here - "A few shots, then die" became a bloody great 10-round burst as fast as he could pull the trigger. This was amusing, as he lit Jason's arm right up.
Jason was our hostage for the next round, and he commented that it stung more than he expected - But was laughing about it.

Until later on, when he looked at his arm.
Seems he threw a complete hissy fit when he saw how bruised it was. Ranted raved, shouted and swore.
Or, as Steve Collins put it... "Dat dere cont Jason's croyin' loik a big gerl's blouse, so he is! Der fockin' pussy!"

Cue one annoyed director accusing us of reacting too fast, and telling us to slow down next time.
Sorry mate, I can't help it if they were shite!

Other amusing incidents here include me missing Nigel Benn's bollocks by a fraction - I saw the paintball fly between his legs and smack into the wall right behind him. He told me later that he felt it whizz past!

Orev all but melted, as Celeb # 4 - Heather Peace from London's Burning and Ultimate Force - came in to be the hostage.
It was adorable! He actually turned to her and said something along the lines of "I just have to say, I love you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home