Thursday, February 10, 2005

I'm a beaten man... A victim of violence!

I meant to mention this earlier.

This morning, I got up and went to the bathroom.

I looked into the mirror.
After a few seconds, I focussed on the mirror ( Hey, it was early. )

What did I see?
A line of blood, running from my ear to the corner of my mouth.

This concerned me somewhat, as blood's generally supposed to be INSIDE me. This particular trickle clearly hadn't gotten the memo on that tradition.

What had happened? Why was I bleeding?
Well, why had I BEEN bleeding, I should say, since it was kinda dried on...

My first guess was that I'd snagged my ear-hook on the pillow, and torn my ear.
But my ear felt fine. And that usually doesn't bleed - It just stings a bit and goes crusty.

I decided to ponder it while I went about my daily ablutions...

Then, as the mouthwash sent me into paroxysms of searing agony ( Well, almost... ), it hit me.
No pun intended.

The blood hadn't been coming FROM my ear at all!
It had gone TO my ear from the vicinity of my stingy stingy mouth!

I remembered it all now, with the clarity of a man who's life flashes before his eyes in the split seconds between the train wheel touching the back of his neck, and the train wheel touching the track under his throat...
I. Remembered.


Kat had only bloody gone and smacked me full-bloody-force in the gob in the middle of the night, hadn't she?

She must have been having a nightmare or something, because she was flipping herself like a pancake every few minutes - with an annoyed grunt each time. ( No, an ACTUAL annoyed grunt. Not an "Annoyed Grunt". She wasn't bouncing into the air and going "D'OH!" )

After one particularly impressive flip ( I scored it an 8.5, let down only by the fact that she failed to execute a perfect cheek-to-pillow interface upon landing. ), she went to adjust her pillow - and as I said... Punched me in the mouth.

I must have rolled over - probably grumbling something incoherent about "If I'm gonna get hit, then I'll take it in the skull rather than the teeth...".
The tiny cut must have bled, and I must have drooled blood down my face and into my ear.

Lovely.

I also need to do something about my mattress.
There's about a 3" strip down my side ( Dunno about Kat's ) that just drops to nothing... So I keep almost falling out of bed!

Maybe I need a hammock...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home