Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Stuff, and some nonsense too.

Might as well take a moment to update this, since Kat's stuck in Glasgow and won't be back for another wee while.

I need to update more often, I know... But I keep either forgetting, or being distracted.
What's gone on of late?

Well, today saw Orev and myself over at FireFight Shotts trying to get started on fixing the road. Digging frozen road surface is not fun. Got a wee bit done, though.
Got home, fell asleep in bath... Kat had originally intended to meet Julie after her doc's appointment and be back up the road early-ish. Looks like they decided to go get some food, and Julie's pulled - Leaving Kat stuck waiting for the bloke, or something.
I hope they DID change their minds and go to a pub after all though, since the thought of Julie pulling in McDonald's or The Blue Lagoon is a bizarre one to say the least!

Anyhoo...
The weekend was alright - We ended up going out on Friday night, as Kat's plans evolved again from "Not going out" through "Getting a lift home from Dave" through "Going to the Pub to wait for Dave" to "We wanna go to the Cathouse! I'll have my Mum look after Morgan tonight instead of tomorrow".

INSTEAD OF, being the operative term here.


Evil One - Pt.1:
Saturday afternoon, 1pm. My Mum had already come over to pick Small up early in the morning... And the door's getting hammered.
I'm not expecting anyone, neither is Kat.
At the point when it sounded like keys were being hit off the door, I threw it open.
And there she is.

"Hi. Where's the wee one?"
"Umm... down at my Mum's."
"Oh. Bye!"

And with that, she buggers off. We'll come back to her later...


Saturday night [ EDIT - SUNDAY, EVEN! So what did we do on Saturday? :S ], Kat decided to nip out to the pub for a quick pint with Julie.
I decided to invite Semp, Vonnie, her wee boy Finn and Bobzilla over.

It was a good evening, all in all.
Some initial shyness from the kiddies was soon overcome, and before long they were breaking my Star Wars toys with unfettered glee :)
Got some amusing photos too, of them dancing to gash pop songs on TV. Gonna haveta remedy that habit before long. EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION!

Kat and Julie arrived probably the back of 11, maybe 10, and we all hung out for a while longer.
Then everyone naffed off home.

I hope Bob didn't get lost this time.


Sunday - Can't remember much. I think we just did a spot of tidying and vegging out.
The afternoon passed pleasantly enough, until...

Evil One, Pt.2:
The phone rang.
It was Kat's mum in "Martyr Mode".

The same small section of conversation was repeated a few times, and consisted of an initial "Oh, are you talking to me now? You never phoned me back!" ( When she had never phoned in the first sodding place! ), followed by her usual mantra of "If it's too much trouble for me to take her on a Saturday, just say so!"... An obvious attempt to make US out as the bad people who don't let Granny see Morgan.

Which really annoys me, as it's pure bullshit.
What annoys me more is the way she continually makes Kat out to be a liar.

"You never said that I was to look after Morgan on Friday INSTEAD of Saturday."
Umm... Yes we did. Repeatedly. In front of at least 2 witnesses.

So if you want to go ahead and call THEM liars as well, you just feel free.
You're doing yourself no favours.

And as for:
"If you don-... If someone doesn't want me looking after the wee one, just say so! That's OK."

"Someone", eh?
Yeah, that would be me.

Again, you're unlikely to read this, but if you do - I don't mind you looking after Morgan. What I DO mind is your continual whining attempts to make Kat out a liar... And I take great exception to you going round Kat's family bad-mouthing me and her to them as well.
Or is THAT a lie too, and in actual fact you're only TELLING Kat that "Oh, I said X to your aunt, and she said Y... And that it's terrible that Z acts that way!"

I've said it in this blog before, and I'll say it again - You need to grow up.
For an old woman, you act like a child.
And the more it goes on, the more chance there is of me simply snapping and refusing to take it any more.

I only tolerate your shite because Kat asks me to.
But my patience is finite - Don't test it any more.

Oh, and if any of the rest of Kat's family should read this - Please not that I have no problem whatsoever with any of you.
And, indeed, would have no problem with her Mum were it not for her incessant lying and attempts to make herself out the martyr!

True, there's always the chance that I might be lying about this for some unfathomable reason... But then again, I've got no motive to do so. What I DO have... Is recorded phonecalls and bits of Webcam footage that prove which of us is the liar.

It better stop soon... Or she'll find that she WON'T be getting cut any slack any more.



Right. Now that's out of the way...
We now return you to our normal programming.

*Dum dum, doo doo dee doodoo...*

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Reverse it. "If it's too much hassle for you to take Morgan when she's available, just let us know, and we won't bother you"

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger -RSG said...

At our "Disposal"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home