Monday, February 28, 2005

"This is our policy, so no apologies please!"

Fuck personal politics.
Fuck them right in the arse.

I won't go into detail, but today's FireFight game seemed about fifty times longer than normal - And NOT in a good way - due to some shite that went down between some of the players, that had nothing whatsoever to do with the game. Another player had something going on that put HIM in a foul mood, but I still have no idea what that was about - Maybe game-related, maybe not.

I enjoy FireFight. I love playing Airsoft, and when a game goes well I get a real kick out of the fact that the players are enjoying it.
If a player has a problem with the game - If they feel that the rules aren't working in a round or whatever, then I'd like for them to come and TELL me so, instead of compounding the problem by not stepping out of the game to do so.
If I don't know there's an issue... how can I address it?

If a player has a problem NOT with the game - then that annoys me almost as much.
I've gotten to know most of the FireFight players to a reasonable level, and I'm happy to count many of them as friends.
So it's made all the harder when the player base threatens to factionalise due to interpersonal petty political rifts between patrons - Or to put it in layman's terms, "Shite going down."

Hopefully it's all been smoothed over - both parties tell me that that's the case.
But I really fucking hate being put in the position I was in on Sunday... Especially by mates.
If the person in question sees this, note that I'm not still angry about it, as I understand that what was said was said while extremely upset. But I'd really appreciate it if nothing of the sort ever happened again.
I'm allergic to barrels, so I don't like being over one at the best of times.



All of THAT crap aside, Sunday was actually GOOD.
The games that we did get in that were unmarred by politicking were a good laugh - Especially the Alamo games played along the way.
Roll on summer, and many more games of that quality or better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home