Friday, March 04, 2005

A.D. - Thief. Liar.

Went into town to grab a new hard drive ( 700GB total space now! Woo! ) and who do I see as I get off the bus, but "A.D." [ EDIT - NAME REMOVED, AS I CAN'T BE ARSED WITH THE FALLOUT FROM FOLK WHO DO STILL TALK TO THIS GUY, AND WHO THINK THAT WHAT HE'S DONE IS SOMEHOW NOT TOO BAD...].

For those of you that know him - I advise you now to stop letting this fucker in your home or anywhere near your personal possessions.
For those of you who don't :

Back when I was living in Partick and working at EasyEverything, my flatmate bought a bike.
I had some spare cash, so I bought one too - A sweet little BMX.

Commuted ONCE on the thing, and realised that I really needed a mountain bike for this job.
So I got the shop to swap - Which was nice.

( Few days later, I noticed that the front gear was slightly dented... Before I could get this fixed, I crashed, going through the clyde tunnel. Ripped my face open - But got a free replacement gear a day or so after that. )

Anyway, I moved to Garturk Street, and the mountain bike went into the cupboard. It had been used only on a few occasions, and had spent mose of the rest of the time in storage.

My "friend" A.D was round at the flat one day, and mentioned that he needed a bike as he was up for a courier job.
I offered to sell him mine, and even let him take the bike on tick on the understanding that he would pay me from his first wage.

Well, he screwed up, and lost his job.
Months went by - "Oh, I'll get you the cash soon... I promise."

I was trying to be nice - The guy was down on his luck.
Then he disappeared utterly - and as I had moved out of the flat by that point, the only contact I had with him was through mutual acquaintances... Who were refusing to help me even talk to him.
I even told him I'd knock £30 off the price of the bike if he paid me within 2004.
( By this point, I didn't WANT the bike back as the other potential buyers had long since gone away )

Eventually, this year, he passed on a message that he had some cash coming in soon, and would pay me just to get me off his back.
Which brings me to me getting off the bus, and seeing him chaining MY FUCKING BIKE up outside Cash Generator.

"Hi ! How are you?"
"Better than you"... As he walked away.

The police have now been informed, and given all the details on the situation.
I'm also looking into civil proceedings against him, since I'm not going to let this lie.



So yes, those of you who know A.D. - Know this:
He is a liar.
He is a thief.
He is not to be trusted.

Those of you who still hang out with this bastard after what he's done here?
What's wrong with you? How can you let someone steal almost £200 from a friend of yours, and still call THEM your friend as well?

There's something wrong with that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home