Friday, March 18, 2005

Dinner. Oh, and WHAT a dinner!

Let's get this out of the way first.

I'm a tight bastard.
No, really - I really do grudge paying over the odds for things.

So when we decided to go for food, jumping into the nearest place with nary a glance at the £ collumn of the menu didn't quite sit right.
Aberdeen Angus Steakhouse was the venue.

Never in my life have I paid £20 for ONE COURSE of a meal!
That's £16 for the steak, and £3 for the mushrooms... £2 for the chips.
Yeah, all paid for seperately.

"But that's just London!" I hear you cry.
Or maybe "You want a good steak, that's the price!".

Nope. I've had meals just as good in London for less cash... And I've had steaks elsewhere for less too.
It WAS a bloody stunning meal ( Even if the "Bed of paté" was more like a pillow... Or a throw-cushion. ).
But £20?
Nah, sorry. Not worth it. HAd everyone else not insisted, I'd have been outta there before I went in.

Also, somehow my camera fell out of my pocket - I realised just as we went into the tube station! Bolted back up, looking at the pavement all the way. Went back into the eaterry... And it was under Thumper's seat.
Lucky me.

And to think that one of the reasons I was getting so pissed off that Thumper kept on running across roads with no warning was that I was worried I'd drop something - Phone or camera.
The other being that my knee has a habit of giving out. ( If you ever see me dropping to the deck at FireFight, chances are that I'm not actually ducking a volley of fire with great skill... My leg's just given out on me! )

Quick jaunt back to the flat... Quick blagging phonecall to the Electric Ballroom, to get on the guest list ( A scathing review will be going up when I have a moment. ).
Then off we went for some hot clubbing action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home